I am a firm believer in mornings. Even the mornings I’d rather be sleeping, I still manage to get my booty up to embrace the day and get shit done.
My Recipe for a good morning:
- Wake up when the sun wakes up- there is something so magical about rising with the sun. Feeling the first rays of the mornings and listening to the birds chirp is the first thing you have to do in order to feel like a fairy tale princess throughout the day.
- Drink your coffee in peace- can I get an AMEN?!
- Eat a healthy and filling breakfast- A post on my go-to breakfast recipes will be here soon, but until then, I feel like you can never go wrong with an omelette (or as I like to call them, egg tacos), veggie packed hash browns, or a fruity smoothie.
- Listen to a motivational podcast or some fun music to get you in the mood for a productive day while brushing your teeth and doing your hair. A list of my favorite podcasts can be found here (a revised list is coming soon, too!)
- Wake up sleeping toddler and give her a big cuddle and go on with yo bad self the rest of the day
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO TO ENSURE YOU HAVE A GREAT START TO YOUR DAY? I’d love to hear them! Also, if you’re wanting a night time routine post, let me know in the comments!
Happy hump day, friends! I’m so glad you’re here to join me.
Today’s WNW topic: Life changing Podcasts
Today I’m sipping on Columbia Winery’s Red Blend
I’m one of those odd people that need noise on at all times. Even when I go to bed I have to listen to white noise. Instead of using the TV or music (although I do love having dance parties with the fam before bedtime…), I try to use this time to learn something new. So every day, during the quiet hours, I turn on one of these life changing podcasts:
- Risen Motherhood– My goodness this is the most motivational motherhood podcasts I have ever listened to. Not only is it motivational in your average daily motherhood, but it also dives into scripture and informs you of ways to bring in the gospel into your child’s every day life as well as how to be a more biblical mom, wife, provider, and friend. I highly suggest you give these ladies a listen to.
- Super Soul Sunday’s with Oprah– I mean, come on. You may disagree with some of her politics, but the lady is smart. She is the ultimate #girlboss and anything she puts out on podcast is sure to inspire you in numerous ways.
- Wellness Mama– Ever have questions on your kiddos holistic health? What to feed them? Why to do this, versus that? This mama podcast goes over all that good stuff while interviewing leaders in the health and wellness world.
- Marie Forleo– Recognized by Oprah herself, Marie Forleo is a business mentor, author, and motivational speaker. If there is anything you are trying to accomplish in the career/entreprenurial world, Marie Forleo will give you the tips and motivation to achieve it!
- Stuff you Missed in History Class– Even if you loved history class and feel like you know it all, this podcast will teach you otherwise!
If any of these interest you, go to the podcast app on your cell phone and download them onto your feed.