30A is my favorite place along the Emerald Coast. Between the shops, the food, the pretty southern homes, the plenty of parks, and the beach near by, it is undoubtedly the most perfect southern town in my mind. 30A is the type of place that makes me want to live here forever.
We spent the weekend in Seaside, which is a small coastal town along Florida’s highway 30A. It is one of the sweetest and most quaint little towns I have ever been to. There are numerous food trucks, pizzarias, coffee shops, gelato shops, and local restaurants. In Seaside, everyone has come to the realization that cars are for losers. Instead, nearly everyone there rides beach cruisers to get to their destination. I have never been so in love with a town in my life (well, I mean, Sandpoint Idaho is also a personal favorite).
Because I was traveling for Valentines day, Scott and I decided to delay our date to Seaside until the weekend. We woke up early, Scott made a large breakfast filled with bacon, sausage, eggs, and fruit, and we packed our bags to spend the day on 30A. We first went to one of the many green grass parks and sat by the water fountain while playing tag with Aspen. Afterwards we walked further into town and ate some gelato, and eventually made our way to the historical and locally famous church. We let Aspen let loose and play in the grass before we started our trek back home.
For me personally, dates do not have to be elaborate or expensive. I much more appreciate some quality time with family in a gorgeous area, taking in the views and good weather with my two favorite people in the world.
Shop my dress here
Thank you so much Pink Blush Maternity for influencing this post.
Today’s Coffee Chat is about why I love waking up early, and why you should too!
Waking up early is one of my favorite things about my routine. Aspen typically wakes up aroung 7-8am, but I find it incredibly beneficial to my mental health to start my day an hour or two ahead of hers. So each night, as I set my alarm, I think about what time I want her to wake up and what events we have planned for the day ahead. Depending on the day, I will wake up 1-2 hours ahead of her. Why? So I can have some much needed alone time before waking her up. Here are some of the things I do before getting Aspen out of bed:
- Get ready (aka- brush teeth, do hair, and put on clothes) before the child/anyone wakes up! This is so important, because the moment Aspen wakes up I am resorted to cuddling for the next half an hour.
- Drink a cup of coffee in silence. Oh friends, this is probably my favorite thing in the world. Sipping a cup of joe in silence with no toddler pulling at my clothes, screaming “mommy!” is the most magical part of my morning.
- Listen to podcasts or YouTube videos. I am a sucker for a good webinar or podcast on a subject that I’m interested in. The only time I ever feel that I have for these things are either first thing in the morning or during nap time. So I try to squeeze them in the first part of my day. Next week I will be going over some of my favorite podcasts, so stay tuned!
- Go outdoors! I have a few flowers and herbs in our front yard. There are few things that bring me as much peace as going outside, coffee in hand, as I water or harvest them while the birds chirp. If you have a porch, I suggest you take your breakfast and drink your coffee/OJ while breathing in the fresh air. And if you have not started a small floral or herbal garden yet, I HIGHLY recommend you do so.
I know it is hard waking up earlier than need be, but I promise once you get into the routine it will be well worth it. Just imagine how much more you can get done in your day and how much more you will be motivated it you spent the first hour or two to yourself in peace. I used to wake up right before I was needed at my job or school, but once I started this habit I have felt so much more accomplished and so much happier at the end of the day. And you know what? My family notices too. I find it so important as a mom to have a few hours of silence and a bit to learn or work on projects before our little love wakes up. So tonight, set your alarm for a little bit earlier, and try to stick with it.
We were so fortunate to spend the past few days at Disney World with Matco Tools and my family. My dad has been selling Matco Tools for a few years now, and each year they hold their expo at new destination. This year they held the expo in Orlando, Florida, and my dad took it as an opportunity to send the whole family.
For those who have gone to Disney Land or World, you know how difficult it is to: 1.) Have time to take pictures 2.) Take a decent picture in the crowds, and 3.) Look put together for said picture.
I managed to get a few photos of the castle on my camera, and the rest were on the iPhone. Apologies in advance.
As a first time Disney World traveller, with a toddler, I definitely have a few suggestions to make your trip easier.
- You can order a Taxi that comes with its own car seat if you’re staying outside of the park.
- Bring your own snacks and water.
- Don’t wear pants! We went in February, and we were sweating the entire time.
- Along with not wearing pants, also do not wear uncomfortable shoes. This is not a joke. You WILL regret it. I wore my sketchers the entire time, and my feet still fell like they were going to fall off afterwards. It’s not worth looking cute for, I promise.
- It will more than likely be very crowded, so remember to be patient with all of the other parents, kids, and yourself and your child.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Set up your fast-pass the moment you arrive to the park. Anyone can do it (you don’t have to purchase it, you just have to set it up), so go straight to the kiosk and select the rides you want to use them on.
- Don’t miss the fireworks. They are so worth the wait.
- If you want to eat at the Disney restaurants, make reservations in advance.
- Enjoy every second of it.
Thanks so much to Matco Tools and my parents for making this trip happen. Aspen had such a great time, which made every moment worth it.
Fun fact about me: my favorite season is Spring. Not only is it the season I was born in, and became a mother in, but it also brings back memmories of florals, travels, warm sunny days, and the smell of fresh blooms. I could honestly go on and on about how much I love this season, but instead I will go over how Little Aspen and I celebrated the change in weather today.
First of all, today was also Super Bowl Sunday. Scott spent the day prepparing hot wings and other appetizers to bring with him to the Super Bowl party while Aspen and I went to the store to buy yarn (making a gift for an expecting friend), then drove to Old Navy to get some Spring time essentials (cute sandals and floppy hats, anyone??). Afterwards, Scott joined us at the Navarre Park to catch some rays, watch our little one explore, and snap some photos. When we got home, Aspen and I went on a long stroll to soak up the rest of the bright sun, then made our way home to prepare for the Super Bowl.
Friends, today was so lovely. I can’t wait for transition in season! We are so blessed to live in a place that gets an early Spring. What’s your favorite season, and why?
Shop our looks
SADIE’S OUTFIT: My dress was a gift from Pink Blush Maternity // Shoes are old, similar here
ASPEN’S OUTFIT: Dress is from Old Navy // Shoes are from Target
** thank you Pink Blush Maternity for collaborating with this post**
Good morning, friends. Today I am starting a new series called “Sunday Coffee Chats”. On these days I will be going over things that I may not usually post about, such as: what I’m watching, my favorite social media’s, gift ideas, favorite books and essays, etc. You get the point, right?
This Sunday’s coffee chat will begin with five random facts about me, and end with my favorite Netflix series to binge watch.
Five random facts about me:
- I’m only 23 years old
- I’m lactose intollerant
- My friends and family have always called me “Grandma Sadie”
- I had the absolute WORST teenage acne ever, but once I moved to Florida and started eating a whole foods based diet, it all disappeared
- I’ve always been obsessed with the late victorian era (seriously, ask my mom)
Before I get into my favorite Netflix shows, I want to explain that I adore a ride range on genres. From comedies to romance, to historical war fictions to actions and dramas. My top five have a bit of all of this. And believe me when I say this was VERY hard to narrow down, so bare with me.
- The Frontier – This brilliant two season (so far) series is similar to a colonial Game of Thrones, and has Jason Momoa in it!
- Baby Daddy – This show is adorably hilarious, and if you like cheesy commedies, I highly reccommend it!
- Reign – Talk about historical girl boss! Although not entirely accurate, this series was thrilling and so fun to watch. The outfits and eye candy were just a bonus.
- When The Heart Calls – 100% Hallmart cheesy and romantic historical fiction show that I instantly fell in love with.
- Gilmore Girls – I mean, come on… this obviously had to make the list. I mean, it’s Gilmore Girls! What do you expect? If you haven’t seen it yet, just do it.
I’m so excited to begin this series! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do, and can’t wait to catch up more next Sunday.
As a mama, I like to be comfortable. Each day I am bending down to grab toys, giving piggy backs, kissing boo boos, cleaning up messes, and giving baths. It’s not for the faint of heart, nor is it glamorous. But, being a woman, I also like to look presentable and on the occasion, good, even while I am mommin’.
Aspen, while running around outside, fell on some cement and scraped her knee. Immediate she looked up to me, asking me to pick her up. I naturally scooped her into my arms as she buried her face into my shoulder and whispered, “I oh-tay mama”. And instantly my heart melted.
Guys, motherhood is the sweetest. I mean, good Lord, how could it not be when your kid is this dang cute? Don’t get me wrong, she drives me mad some days (basically every day after 6pm, especially when dad isn’t home to help). There have been days where I have had to put her into her room while I hit my knees praying for grace, because sometimes parenting is hard. But at the end of the day, when I look at her sleeping face, I could not imagine a life so perfect. I wouldn’t trade this for anything (even to go to the bathroom by myself).
Top is from target // denim is from American Eagle // Flats are from Charolette Russe // Similar necklase can be found here //
Dress and knee high socks are from Old Navy // flats are from Target // Similar hair accessory here
We are so fortunate to be living so close to the beach. One of my favorite things to do as a family is to take a stroll on a deserted beach and watch the waves crash onto our white sands. Aspen loves to pick up the sea shells and chase the gulls. Scott enjoys finding pieces of coral in the water, and I just love to watch them! So naturally, when Pink Blush sends me some goodies, I had to take them here to show them off.
Often I get asked by my non-momma friends my favorite thing about motherhood. This is it. Watching my little human, that I created, explore all of the gorgeous things God has created. I am forever grateful for being able to take part in God’s creation story and I find it my mission to show Aspen how to take care of our Earth and people living on it. And of course it helps to see her wheels spinning and her eyes light up when we get to play and explore with something new.
SHOP OUR LOOKS
SADIES OUFIT: Dress is from Pink Blush Maternity ( it is a maternity dress, but can easily be used post partum as well. They also have non maternity clothing), tench coat is old, similar here
ASPENS OUTFIT: Dress is Old Navy and coat is sold out, similar here