I am a firm believer in mornings. Even the mornings I’d rather be sleeping, I still manage to get my booty up to embrace the day and get shit done.
My Recipe for a good morning:
- Wake up when the sun wakes up- there is something so magical about rising with the sun. Feeling the first rays of the mornings and listening to the birds chirp is the first thing you have to do in order to feel like a fairy tale princess throughout the day.
- Drink your coffee in peace- can I get an AMEN?!
- Eat a healthy and filling breakfast- A post on my go-to breakfast recipes will be here soon, but until then, I feel like you can never go wrong with an omelette (or as I like to call them, egg tacos), veggie packed hash browns, or a fruity smoothie.
- Listen to a motivational podcast or some fun music to get you in the mood for a productive day while brushing your teeth and doing your hair. A list of my favorite podcasts can be found here (a revised list is coming soon, too!)
- Wake up sleeping toddler and give her a big cuddle and go on with yo bad self the rest of the day
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO TO ENSURE YOU HAVE A GREAT START TO YOUR DAY? I’d love to hear them! Also, if you’re wanting a night time routine post, let me know in the comments!
Hey there friends, I’m back (again)!
Today I wanted to share my favorite coffee shop in the gulf breeze – Fort Walton Beach area and the drink I favor getting there.
Bishops coffee is located in Mary Esther, Florida. It is a small, minimalistic coffee shop that serves beverages that could compare to those in big cities like San Francisco or Seattle. At any other coffee shop I would stick to a regular latte or cappuccino, and occasionally a chai latte, but at Bishops I prefer to order a London Fog. London Fogs are an earl grey tea based latte, but I honestly wouldnt suggest getting one at Starbucks. Typically they’re a bit bland, but the baristas at Bishops have transformed these boring and bland (but “cool”) beverages into an incredibly sweet and florally latte.
I could not reccoment this little shop enough. Everything I have ever had from there is delightfully tasteful, and has a simple laid back atmosphere. The only downside to Bishops is there is no drive through for convenience. But beyond that, if you’re looking for a nice little place to sip on some coffee or tea and read a book, or catch up with a friend, Bishops is the place to be.
Pants: H&M // Blouse: Forever21 (sold out), similar Anthropoligie // Shoes: Charolette Russe // Bag: Steve Madden (sold out), similar DSW
Aspen and I had a fun day meeting my co worker in the florida woods, exploring little creeks and walking around while breathing in the fresh air.
I am so fortunate to be raising a child who loves exploring outside. Honestly though, the way she looks at the trees is incredible. You’ve never truly seen a sparkle in an eye until you’ve seen this child look up at the sky (hey, that rhymed!)
Sweater: old navy // denim shirt: target // denim jacket: gap // boots: similar here// scarf: crochet pattern here // coffee thermos: stanley
boots: old navy // pants: old navy // shirt: target // bonnet: pattern here
The weather has been absolutely gorgeous the past month here along the emerald coast, Florida.
I for one, am not a beach bum. Neither is our dear friend Tatum. But when the weather and water is this nice, you say “screw my sand-phobia, I’m going to the beach”. And that’s exactly what we did.
Morgan and Tatum brought the towels, while Aspen and I brought the camera and coffee. It was a lovely morning of chasing birds away from our babies, trying to get tatum NOT to drown herself in the water, and keep aspen from eating all of the sand. But honestly, it was great. And the little ones took excellent naps afterwards.
tips for mommas with their little ones at the beach:
- don’t forget the sunblock (I did, and now aspen has some rosie, but sensitive cheeks)
- a large towel, maybe two, is ESENTIAL
- don’t bother putting them in clothes. It’s going to get ruined anyway.
- keep water bottles and snacks in your bag, otherwise the birds WILL attack
- get over your sand phobia, and bring baby powder. Yes, baby powber DOES take off the sand.
- don’t forget water diapers!!
- have fun with your little one. Seriously, stop stressing and just have fun!
Oh boy. It’s that time of year again. Where the mall is playing christmas charols, the weather is cooling off (ever so slightly in florida), and starbucks has come out with their famous red cup. let’s face it, ladies and gentlemen, it’s the best time of year.
To celebrate this exciting time, my little family decided it was a great idea to venture to our local Starbucks for a day-date. It was so much fun to just hangout with my husband, talk about our upcoming transition back to Arizona, and enjoy the festive goodness in our little red cups.
Below is a list of our favorite holiday drinks:
peppermint white mocha: good Lord, every time I take a sip of this goodness I feel like I have died and gone to a Christmas decorated Heaven. It’s #1 on my list for a reason.
cinnamon dolce latte: mhm. That cinnamon richness calls my name every single time.
gingerbread latte: this drink inspires me to bake. i’m serious.
Chai latte: Okay. I know this make me super basic, but this drink is my year round jam. But everytime I drink it, even in the heat of the summer, I can’t help but think about Christmas. It’s so warm and creamy and filled with sweet spiced goodness.
Okay folks, those are my four go to holiday drinks. What’s your top choice? Leave a comment!