I am a firm believer in mornings. Even the mornings I’d rather be sleeping, I still manage to get my booty up to embrace the day and get shit done.
My Recipe for a good morning:
- Wake up when the sun wakes up- there is something so magical about rising with the sun. Feeling the first rays of the mornings and listening to the birds chirp is the first thing you have to do in order to feel like a fairy tale princess throughout the day.
- Drink your coffee in peace- can I get an AMEN?!
- Eat a healthy and filling breakfast- A post on my go-to breakfast recipes will be here soon, but until then, I feel like you can never go wrong with an omelette (or as I like to call them, egg tacos), veggie packed hash browns, or a fruity smoothie.
- Listen to a motivational podcast or some fun music to get you in the mood for a productive day while brushing your teeth and doing your hair. A list of my favorite podcasts can be found here (a revised list is coming soon, too!)
- Wake up sleeping toddler and give her a big cuddle and go on with yo bad self the rest of the day
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO TO ENSURE YOU HAVE A GREAT START TO YOUR DAY? I’d love to hear them! Also, if you’re wanting a night time routine post, let me know in the comments!
Good morning, friends. Today I am starting a new series called “Sunday Coffee Chats”. On these days I will be going over things that I may not usually post about, such as: what I’m watching, my favorite social media’s, gift ideas, favorite books and essays, etc. You get the point, right?
This Sunday’s coffee chat will begin with five random facts about me, and end with my favorite Netflix series to binge watch.
Five random facts about me:
- I’m only 23 years old
- I’m lactose intollerant
- My friends and family have always called me “Grandma Sadie”
- I had the absolute WORST teenage acne ever, but once I moved to Florida and started eating a whole foods based diet, it all disappeared
- I’ve always been obsessed with the late victorian era (seriously, ask my mom)
Before I get into my favorite Netflix shows, I want to explain that I adore a ride range on genres. From comedies to romance, to historical war fictions to actions and dramas. My top five have a bit of all of this. And believe me when I say this was VERY hard to narrow down, so bare with me.
- The Frontier – This brilliant two season (so far) series is similar to a colonial Game of Thrones, and has Jason Momoa in it!
- Baby Daddy – This show is adorably hilarious, and if you like cheesy commedies, I highly reccommend it!
- Reign – Talk about historical girl boss! Although not entirely accurate, this series was thrilling and so fun to watch. The outfits and eye candy were just a bonus.
- When The Heart Calls – 100% Hallmart cheesy and romantic historical fiction show that I instantly fell in love with.
- Gilmore Girls – I mean, come on… this obviously had to make the list. I mean, it’s Gilmore Girls! What do you expect? If you haven’t seen it yet, just do it.
I’m so excited to begin this series! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do, and can’t wait to catch up more next Sunday.