Every monday I go meatless. Actually, at the moment I am doing a three day cleanse where I am eating 100% plant based. But, even without the cleanse, #meatlessmonday has been a part of my weekly routine for a little over a year now.
This week’s monday menu was:
- 2 Nature’s Path Organic Chia waffles for breakfast
- dairy free yogurt with nuts and flax seeds for morning snack
- roasted veggie and kale salad for lunch
- green protein smoothie for afternoon snack
- remainder of salad for dinner
- fruit for dessert
ROASTED VEGGIE AND KALE SALAD
1 sweet potato, diced and roasted
handful of asparagus, cut into fourths and roasted
3 cups of chopped kale
1 tablespoon applecider vinegar
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- preheat oven to 420 F. While it’s heating, dice sweet potato and chop asparagus.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil onto sweet potato and asparagus and cook in heated oven for 20 minutes.
- While veggies are roasting, chop kale into bite size pieces. Place into salad bowl with sunflower seeds, remainder of olive oil, and applecider vinegar.
- Once sweet potato and asparagus is done, place directly into salad bowl, this way the kale will wilt a little bit.
- Mix and serve!